Tour the genealogy resources at the Harold Washington CP Library, 400 S. State Street
the length of tour will be about 1 ½ hour tour
- Chicago History & Genealogy resources
- Chicago historic Newspaper Collection (3rd floor microfilm room)
- City Directories from 1839-1917, 1924-1927 (3rd floor microfilm room)
- A unique collection housed in the Music Department
- Special Collections, including photographs, manuscripts, books, art and artifacts about:
Chicago Public Library
Children’s books from Chicago
Mayor Harold Washington
Rare books and manuscripts
Transportation to the library is on your own.
For Metra riders, Union Station is 7 blocks from the Library.
CTA Purple Line leaving Wilmette and Evanston, prior to 9:25 am and returning after 2:30 pm express stops at the Harold Washington Library (State & Van Buren), as does the Brown line all day. Red line and Blue line stops at Jackson, about 1 block from the Library.
Auto parking resource: https://spothero.com/chicago/harold-washington-library-parking
On Tuesday, May 16th, we will meet at the reception desk between 1:30 and 2pm
For additional information on what is available at the library on microfilm, visit this blog:
Information and map for the Harold Washington Library is at this website: